Saturday, January 22, 2005

Berat Bebanku.. Meninggalkan mu..

Today is the happiest day of my life.

My girlfriend, Sabrina and a new found friend, HArlina, along with Sabrina's younger sister, were at YMCA centre today. As I was late, both HArlina and Sabrina were waiting for me at the MAc's ice cream stall outside the Shaw House in Orchard Road. As I has spoken before to Harlina about the job recommendation, it was my first time meeting her in person.

HArlina is good friend of Sabrina when she was in the COS class. Harlina is a bubbly, cheerful, always talking crap, and cracking jokes. When you put Sabrina and Harlina together, Wham!!


Disaster begins...


During the walk to YMCA centre in Somerset area, I was somewhat reserved and quiet at the same time. Both of them were always chatting together, I could only catch snippets of their conversation and needless to say, I was bewildered when they turned their attention to me for my opinion.

We dropped by at Burger King to eat our lunch. Form there , i began to open up with HArlina. She always cracked jokes which really made me laugh. At long last, we reached YMCA centre. The centre was buzzing with activities when we stepped inside it.
We headed for the lift, and almost intended to go up the floors when Sabrina decided to call her younger sister, Anna (her nickname). Tired from all the walking, we sat down at the tables set up. People were walking around, promoting the dance classes. At the audithorium, a number of free dance classes were being conducted. sabrina asked a guy whether we could go inside the audithorium.

We did, and just in time for the starting of a new dance class. (Dance funk) The instructor invited the audience to get up and also learn how to dance funk. when we heard that, Sabrina immediately nudged and encouraged me to join the free dance trial. I tried to drag Sabrina along, but she refused. I kicked off my sandals, and joined it after minutes of hesitation. (By then, it was halfway.)

I tried to absorb the dance moves as fast as I could. I followed the timing, and could get the hang after a few tries. Little did I know, Sabrina had brought up her K700i phone and videotaped me dancing in action. I did it for the first half of the chereography session, but as the instructor added more moves, I was getting nervous. that's where I began to make mistakes. But I enjoyed myself during the whole session.

Shortly after that, the next dance session, Salsa came up. Our attention were grabbed by the dancng couple who immediately salsa during the music. After ten minutes, Sabrina and HArlina decided to join the session, straightaway after they taught the moves. They managed to get it, and also Sabrina asked me to videotape them dancing. As we waited for the music to begin, I was standing around, laughing along with them as they practised.

Much to my surprise, a tanned, tall chinese guy came up to me, asking me whether he could take the chance to dance with me. I was ataken surprise, but I agreed. both Sabrina and HArlina stopped what they were doing, and Sab took back the phone.

He took the chance to promote his course, taking the folder with him and opened up to the course schedule.
"Have you heard of Lindy hop?" he asked.
My eyes lighted up when I heard that.
"Yeah, I did."
"how did you get to know about it?"
"Actually, some of them performed in my school during the Orientation period. It was very, very nice." I gushed.
"Which school are you from?"
"ITE Clementi."
He nodded his head in agreement.
" I just like lindy hop. the dance moves, the shoes, you know? and seriously it was really very,very nice." I realy gushed again.
" Did you know I performed at your school?"
"Really? No wonder you looked familiar."
we beamed at each other. We looked at the instructors again, and then laughed together as the music began.
" we didn't pay attention to them."

we chitchatted as we practised. and it was really interesting. In the end, I recalled that I liked the performance and actually had a little crush on him. and today i actually got the chance to dance together with him!!

Wah.. so shiok..

I grabbed the chance to pose with him for a photo, and I got it!!

Very happy today...











No comments: